ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico --
Military Saves Week will kick off on Monday with the signing of a proclamation at 10 a.m. at Sandia Area Federal Credit Union, located on base.
During this week, Kirtland officials urge Team Kirtland members to take the Military Saves Pledge in an effort to promote good savings behavior.
This year, the Kirtland Airmen & Family Readiness Flight teamed up with Sandia Area Federal Credit Union, USAA Educational Foundation and Kirtland Federal Credit Union to commemorate Military Saves Week.
“Military Saves is a social marketing campaign to persuade, motivate, and encourage military families to save money every month, and to convince leaders and organizations to be aggressive in promoting Financial Readiness,” said Ellen Fields, a community relations consultant with the 377th Force Support Squadron.
All events are free and encourage Airmen and their families to “build wealth, not debt.”
Other events this week:
• Military Saves Week information table starting at 11 a.m. on Monday at the Base Exchange.
• Take the Pledge event at 10 a.m. on Tuesday at the Base Exchange.
• A lunch and “Learn on Financial Readiness” with a guest speaker from USAA Education Foundation at 11 a.m. on Wednesday in room 120 in the Consolidated Support Facility. Lunch will be provided.
• “What spouses need to know about the military retirement” presentation at 6 p.m. on Wednesday at Kirtland Family Housing Town Center.
• Financial roundtable question-and-answer sessions with experts from Sandia Federal Credit Union, Kirtland Federal Credit Union and Accredited Financial Counselors will take place at 9 a.m. on Thursday at the 377th Wing Headquarters Presentation; and at 2 p.m. in the Heritage Room, Building 995, KAFB Westside.
• Blended Retirement and Thrift Savings Plan presentations will take place at 9 a.m. and at 2 p.m. on Friday at the Base Theater.
A prize drawing will take place for Take the Pledge participants.
“There will be pledge boxes at these mission partners and the Airmen & Family Readiness Flight offices where you can drop off your pledge forms or attend an event to be entered to win a $50 Gift Card,” Fields said.
For more information go to www.militarysaves.org or to RSVP, contact Ethel Tilley at 853-1718 or email@example.com; Fields at 853-1703 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or Kathy Hobbs at 703-635-4635 or email@example.com.
Fields said, “Be a part of changing the culture of our military into a saving community!”