Chief Master Sergeant Daniel J. Robson is the Wing Command Chief for the 150th Special Operations Wing, Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico. He is responsible for the readiness, training, equipping, morale, and retention of a force that defends our freedoms and protects our communities.
Upon completion from high school, he entered the New Mexico Air National Guard (NMANG) in May 1993 as an Aircraft Armament Systems Specialist. From there he progressed from a crew member in Weapons to Weapons Crew Chief, Maintenance Crew Chief, Load Standardization Crew Chief, and assistant NCOIC of Weapons during the first 18 years of his service.
In 2005, he began working for the NMANG as a full time technician. He accepted the opportunity to retrain into an intelligence position in 2011. He attended mission qualification training and returned as a Geospatial Intelligence Targeteer. He and his team were instrumental in the development of the Squadron’s intelligence training program, which is used as the Air Force’s Targeting TFI Enterprise’s benchmark program, and successful training and production oversight of 67 Intelligence Analysts. This resulted in the standup of a new intelligence squadron and successfully reaching full operational capability in record time. Before squadron superintendent, he held positions as the NCOIC of Training, Advanced Target Development Flight Chief, and Operations Superintendent. His assignments include military bases in several states, as well as deployments in Iraq and Italy in support of Operations NORTHERN EAGLE, ENDURING FREEDOM, and IRAQI FREEDOM. Chief Master Sergeant Robson became the 150th SOW Command Chief in June 2021.
1993 Aircraft Armament Systems Apprentice Course – United States Air Force
1997 NCO Preparatory Course – Correspondence
2000 Aircraft Armament Systems Craftsman Course – United States Air Force
2003 NCO Academy – Correspondence
2004 Associates of Applied Science, Computing Technology – CNM, Albuquerque, N.M.
2004 Associates of Applied Science, Aircraft Armament Systems Technology – Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Weapons Maintenance Course – United States Air Force
2011 Geospatial Intelligence Targeting Course – United States Air Force
2012 Precise Point Mensuration Course – United States Air Force
2012 Senior NCO Academy – Correspondence
2013 Instructor Certification Program – United States Air Force
2013 Associates of Applied Science, Intelligence Analysis – Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2014 Joint SNCO PME I Course – Joint Forces Staff College – Correspondence
2015 Bachelor of Science in Business with a concentration in Project Management – University of Phoenix
2015 Senior NCO Academy – In Residence
2018 Senior Enlisted Intelligence Master Skills Course – United States Air Force
2019 CMSgt Orientation Course – National Guard Bureau
2020 Master of Business Administration – University of New Mexico, Anderson School of Management
2020 CMSgt Leadership Course – United States Air Force
2021 Joint SNCO PME II Course – Joint Forces Staff College – Correspondence
1. May 1993 – Student, Basic Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. July 1993 – Student, Aircraft Armament Systems School, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. November 1993 – Weapons Loader, 150th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
4. January-April 1997 – Weapons Loader, 555th Fighter Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
5. February-April 2002 – Weapons Loader, 177th Fighter Wing, Atlantic City, N.J.
6. July-September 2004 – Weapons Crew Chief, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, Balad AB, Iraq
7. August 2005 – Load Standardization Crew, 150th Maintenance Group, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
8. October-December 2007 – Weapons Expeditor, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, Balad AB, Iraq
9. January 2008 – Load Standardization Crew Chief, 150th Maintenance Group, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
10. April 2009 – Asst NCOIC Weapons, 150th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
11. May 2011 – Student, Geospatial Intelligence Targeteer School, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
12. December 2011 – Targeteer, 20th Intelligence Squadron, Offutt AFB, Neb.
13. March 2012 – Operations Training NCOIC, 150th Wing, Detachment 2, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
14. December 2013 – Weaponeering Flight Chief, 250th Intelligence Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
15. December 2015 – Operations Superintendent, 250th Intelligence Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
16. February 2019 – Superintendent, 250th Intelligence Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
17. June 2021 – Wing Command Chief, 150 Special Operations Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Army Achievement Medal
Combat Readiness Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with one silver leaf cluster and three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War On Terrorism Service Medal
Armed Forces Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Medal with Gold Border with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Reserve Medal with 2 M device and silver hourglass
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic May 4, 1993
Airman First Class May 24, 1993
Senior Airman Nov. 8, 1994
Staff Sergeant June 19, 1998
Technical Sergeant Feb. 5, 2005
Master Sergeant July 16, 2009
Senior Master Sergeant July 15, 2016
Chief Master Sergeant Feb. 21, 2019
(Current as of April 2021)