Colonel Amy M. Rivera is the 377th Security Forces Group Commander at Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico. She leads 650 active duty and civilian members in support of the 377th Air Base Wing’s nuclear, expeditionary, and installation support missions. The Group is charged with protecting the world’s largest underground munitions storage complex and providing physical security and law and order for 23,000 military and civilian personnel across 108 mission partners, spanning a 52,000-acre installation.
Colonel Rivera commissioned from the United States Air Force Academy in 2000, graduating with a Bachelor’s of Science in Legal Studies. Following Security Forces officer training, she served in a variety of positions at squadron, group, wing, Major Command and Headquarters Air Force levels. She has had the privilege to command at squadron and group levels. She deployed in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM, Joint Task Force – Horn of Africa, FREEDOM’S SENTINEL, RESOLUTE SUPPORT and ALLIES REFUGE.
2000 Bachelor of Science, Legal Studies, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo. 2001 Security Forces Basic Officer Course, Camp Bullis, Texas
2001 Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base (AFB), Ala.
2004 Master of Science, Human Resources & Personnel Management, Webster University, Mo. 2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
2012 Master of Military Art and Science, Command & General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan. 2018 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. August 2000 –June 2001, Assistant Regional Director of Admissions, Detachment 538, Rochester, N.Y.
2. June 2001–January 2003, Flight Commander, 37th Security Forces Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas (August 2002-December 2002, Flight Commander, 379th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar)
3. January 2003–June 2004, Operations Flight Commander, 341st Training Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
4. June 2004–June 2005, Training and Resources Officer-in-Charge, 11th Security Forces Squadron, Bolling AFB, Washington D.C.
5. June 2005–April 2006, Executive Officer, 11th Mission Support Group, Bolling AFB, Washington D.C.
6. April 2006–January 2007, Executive Officer, 11th Wing, Bolling AFB, Washington D.C.
7. February 2007–February 2008, Operations Officer, 380th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates
8. March 2008–August 2009, Operations Officer, 39th Security Forces Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey
9. August 2009–June 2011, Chief, Resources & Deployments, HQ USAFE/A7S, Ramstein AB, Germany (April 2010-September 2010, Deputy Provost Marshal, ISAF Military Police, Kandahar Air Base, Afghanistan)
10. June 2011–June 2012, Student, Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
11. June 2012–June 2014, Commander, 78th Security Forces Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. June 2014–July 2016, Commander, 90th Security Forces Squadron, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
13. July 2016-June 2018, Chief Nuclear Systems Security Branch, Headquarters Air Force, Security Forces Directorate, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
14. July 2018 – June 2019, Student, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
15. June 2019 – June 2021, Commander, Cadet Group 1, USAFA, Colo.
16. August 2021 – January 2021, Deputy Commander, 379th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Al Udeid AB, Qatar.
17. January 2022 – June 2022, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing Director of Staff, Al Udeid AB, Qatar.
18. July 2022 - Present, Commander, 377th Security Forces Group, Kirtland AFB, NM.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster Army Achievement Medal
Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 2000
First Lieutenant May 31, 2002
Captain May 31, 2004
Major February 1, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 2015
Colonel December 1, 2021
(Current as of 1 August 2022)