Special Victims' Counsel
Published September 28, 2016
Capt. Sean McDivitt
Bldg. 20604, Suite D-19
Kirtland AFB NM 87117
Comm: (505) 846-4235
Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The purpose of the SVC program is to provide support to victims of sexual assault through independent representation; build and sustain victim resiliency; empower victims; and increase the level of legal assistance provided to victims. Victims will be provided free legal assistance for civil issues as well as knowledge and support during the military justice process.
• Provides confidential legal advice
• Provides legal assistance
• Advises on investigation and prosecution
• Can assist with expedited transfers
• Restricted reports go to the SVC/SARC/FAP to ensure the report remains restricted
• If collateral misconduct arises, the SVC can represent the victim with ADC assistance
• All active duty victims of sexual assault, and active duty dependents whose perpetrator is an AF active duty member are eligible for SVC services